Gr. 6: The Properties of Air

Gr. 6: The Properties of Air

Hello grade 6, please watch the video below and then answer the questions at the bottom of the post in a google doc. Please share your doc with me j.ray@theojcs.ca and have your answers with you when we meet during Monday’s live session. I hope everyone is doing well, and there is no baby update except that our bags are packed and ready at any point!

My apologies for the sound level in the video, you may need to watch with headphones if they are too quiet for you.

Properties of Air –

Before you answer the following questions, please create a folder in your google drive called ‘Science’ to put all of your docs/resources for Science in one spot and keep you organized.

Questions – share #1-6 with me

1.List the 4 Properties of Air discussed in the video (you may have to go back to the videos and find them!)

2. Define the following terms from the videos

a) flight                      b) compress                       c) insulate

3. What is in the 2L bottle?

4. What did you observe when the bottle was held in hot water? Why do you think this happened?

5. What did you observe when the bottle was held in cold water? Why do you think this happened?

6. Give an example of hot air rising, and explain why this happens. Use the words density and molecules in your answer.